Saguna Content Optimization Delivery System™ (CODS).
Saguna’s CODS™ addresses the exponential growth in data usage over mobile networks with an innovative carrier-grade application and content acceleration solution.
- Carrier-grade application and content delivery acceleration solution. True grid architecture
- Creates storage overlay on the mobile RAN
- Transparent content and DNS caching at the network edge
- Transparent DNS serving at the network Edge
- Media pacing for all media types — video, audio
- Capacity management with media adaptive bitrate control support
- Application aware, cell aware, cross-layer optimization
- CDR generation for every TCP flow including real-time location information
- Delivers tera-bits of content per second
- Scalable from two nodes to several thousands
Saguna CODS™ is made up from an array of dedicated software nodes. These nodes are placed in the network on the GI interface and within the Radio Access Network (RAN). The system is totally transparent to all network layers — transport, mobility, and service — and to the terminal devices. They perform content caching, DNS caching and DNS serving, web acceleration, and videooptimization. With cell, application, and capacity management awareness, they create an application-aware RAN.
CODS-MR™ As the media router and content intelligence center component of the solution, the CODS-MR™ is software based and can run over any COTS server system. It utilizes computing clustering and visualization to achieve calability, flexibility and 100% uptime and service delivery. Performing layer 7 routing tasks and content forwarding the platform handles all major content types, including FLV, MP4, MP3, SWF, as well as live and on-demand streaming services. The system issues a configurable CDR for every flow passing through it. A single CODS-MR™ can serve thousands of CODS-AN™ nodes.
CODS-AN™ The remote node of the CODS-MR™, the CODS-AN™ is located within the RAN and performs content caching, DNS caching and DNS serving, and RAN aware video optimization.It also features transparent capacity and policy enforcement according to instructions received from the CODS-MR™. The CODS-AN™ supports all mobility and hand-off features in a totally transparent manner.
CODS-NMS™ CODS-NMS provides a comprehensive overview of all subsystems in the network. The CODS-NMS™ includes features such as, alarms, status information, configuration and statistic commands, reporting log commands and more. It enables the configuration of the system setup and can set selected sub-system within the network including specific parameters within each sub-system. The CODS-NMS™ is machine and operating system (OS) independent.
Increases your network’s profitability
- Reduce traffic load during peak hours by approximately 70%
- Increase radio utilization by 20% to 30%
- Reduce the cost of data delivery per megabyte
Creates a content-aware network
- The system's learning capabilities of delivered content provides
smart insight of user's activity.
- Enhanced utilization and management of network resources is facilitated by through system-added information.
Improved user experience
- The accelerated delivery of content and web applications provides a fast and stall-free experience.
Eliminates network bottlenecks
- Reducing peak hour bandwidth enables current limited resources to handle additional tasks.
Enables OTT revenue sources
- Enabling the creation of preferred service levels, the solution provides the opportunity for revenue-sharing agreements with content providers.
- Delivering location-based information to online advertisers and content owners, adds an additional potential revenue streams.
- Solution Specs
- Fault tolerant redundant system with no single-point-of-failure, based on advanced clustering technology
- CODS-AN™ can scale from single to thousands of nodes
- CODS-MR™ can scale from 1Gbps up to 100Gbps, supporting millions of concurrent flows
Supported applications content types
- All major HTTP content types - FLV, MP4, SWF, PDF, MPG, AVI
- All major portals - Youtube, Facebook, Dailymotion, Vimeo, Metacafe ...
- CODS-MR™: Cluster architecture M+N redundancy
- CODS-AN™: Fualt tolerant design with for fail to wire support
- Command Line Interface
- Web based
- SNMP v.3 monitoring
- SNMP traps
- System health, resource utilization, network monitoring, customizable reporting
- Remote upgrade of CODS-MR and CODS-AN